The Pilot Scheme on Community Care Service Voucher for the Elderly – Wonderful Care
The project is ended on 1 October 2023.
Wonderful Care (WC) is a recognised service provider under the Second Phase of the “Pilot Scheme on Community Care Service Voucher for the Elderly” of Social Welfare Department. We have been providing home-based services to the seniors who are on the waiting list of Long Term Care Service since October 2016.
Service Goal & Objectives
Based on the rationale of "ageing in place" and “continuum of care”, Delightful Care dedicates to provide professional, holistic, tailor-made care and rehabilitative services for the needy frail seniors, so as to enable them to aging in their familiar community and to enjoy a dignified living. We will:
- Adopt InterRAI assessment system, an international recognised instrument, to assess abilities and needs of the seniors, and formulate individual care plans for the seniors according to the assessment.
- Provide training and support to the carers so as to enhance their caring skill and relieve their stress.
- Seniors living in Shamshuipo and Kwai Tsing Districts; and
- Seniors being invited by the Social Welfare Department to join the “Pilot Scheme on Community Care Service Voucher for Elderly”
- Home Care and Rehabilitation
One-to-one treatment and make use of computer software & equipment to provide tailor-made training including:
- Nursing Care
- Pain Treatment and Exercise
- Standing/Walking training
- Swallowing Therapy
- Cognitive Training
- Self-caring skill training
- Environmental Risk Assessment and Home Modifications
- Body function, living habit and lifestyle assessment, provide related professional advice
- Information and suggestion for purchase of furniture and living aids
- Environmental modification and design advice
- Carer Training
- Different caring skills for elders
- Tailor-made training and support for carers who have difficulties in providing care to the elders
- Domestic Support
- Provision of meal, escort, house cleaning, etc.
- Residential Respite service
Tailor-made for Cognitive Impairment: One-to-one/ Reality Orientation/ Multisensory stimulation/ Reminiscence Therapy to enhance the cognitive ability of users.