Residential Service for the Elderly
Valuing the principle of “continuum of care” and with “client-centred” as our service goal, we aim at:
- Providing residential care services to seniors being assessed as in the state of moderate or severe level of impairment who lack of self-care capacity;
- Rendering nursing care, rehabilitation, and social and development programmes to the seniors according to their needs in order to enhance or maintain their health, facilitate them to utilise their potential and participate in the community.
- Enhancing communication between seniors and their family as well as relieving the pressure of caregivers.
Our 3 residential care homes under Long-term Care Service are situated in Kwai Tsing, Kwun Tong and Southern District to provide continuum of care service for the seniors. We provide residential care services to over 240 frail seniors who have been assessed as in the state of moderate level of impairment and in need of residential care under the Standardized Care Need Assessment Mechanism for Elderly Services by Social Welfare Department. Major types of services include:
- Nursing Care Service
Professional nurses provide nursing care and health consultation to residents according to their needs, services including supervision of medication, daily health check, health counseling and personal care, as well as arrangement of physical check and health education programmes.
- Medical Service
Regular medical consultation services are provided by visiting registered medical practitioners. Support is also provided by visiting doctors of Psycho-geriatric service and Community Geriatric Assessment service from Hospital Authority.
- Personal Care Service
Trained nursing and rehabilitation service team provides personal care to residents in need, such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene and toilet training etc. Regular laundry service is also rendered to residents.
- Meal Service
Daily meal service is provided according to the health situations of residents including special diets as recommended by medical practitioners to achieve a balanced diet for the residents.
- Rehabilitation Service
Physiotherapist and occupational therapist provide regular assessment; therapeutic exercise and treatment, on either a group or individual basis, to maintain or improve the physical and cognitive functioning of residents.
- Psychological and Social Support Service
Individual counseling service, professional assessment and emotional support are provided by social workers to enhance psychological wellbeing of residents. We also organise a wide-variety of social activities such as birthday parties, picnics, festival celebration, visits and talks to facilitate residents to develop their potential and enjoy an active life.
- Spiritual Support Service
With collaboration with local churches and organisations, pastoral care and support are provided to residents regularly so as to facilitate their spiritual wellbeing.
- Cheung Fat Home for the Elderly
- Shun Lee Home for the Elderly
- Wah Hong Home for the Elderly